Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drawing (Spline) in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

calicobrak

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to draw a spline in HFSS. Trying to create a wirebond, from one platform (Capacitor), down to another(PCB). But my issue is, drawing in 3D is very challenging, as every place I select, is not where I intend to. If I look at the finished line in one view, it looks fine, but as I change the view/projection, I notice my wire/spline is completely messed up.... Its snaping to some completely different object, and a different z-height for example.

Is there a tutorial, or something, on how to draw a spline, that has a different move in all 3 dimensional directions? My point starts at X, Y, Z, and my end point is (X-20, Y-50, & Z-24) for example.

Thanks!

Welcome calicobrak,

HFSS has two methods for data entry in 3D: visual, where you simply draw some object in the viewer, or direct entry, where you input the actual data that you want (such as endpoints). You can switch between them with the F3/F4 buttons.

Unfortunately, it looks like they haven't integrated direct data entry into spline drawing yet. However, It looks like once the spline is drawn, you can go into the model hierarchy in the viewer window and edit the data points manually.

1644419833935.png
1644419850267.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back