Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubts on DC subcarrier value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

decode_done

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dc subcarrier

I am learning OFDM. I have one doubt on the DC subcarriers used inside One OFDM symbol. Everywhere i found DC subcarriers value will be set to Zero before IFFT during subcarrier mapping. why DC subcarriers are made zero? It can take any other value. Is it to reduce the transmitted power? because if u made it zero there will be no offset in the power.
Please clarify.

ofdm dc sub-carrier

I think DC carriers which have frequencies near to zero are needed when we make filtering to this ofdm signal . u know that filter disturbs the frequencies at its roll off frequencies so, we put DC pilots at those frequencies with zero values to protect our data subcarriers, so we don not need to set any values to it to save power so making it zero values is better as I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.