Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubt regarding considering the value of Slew Rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit.31

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

While designing a 2-stage opamp, few specifications are to be known beforehand. One of those specifications is "Slew Rate".

For instance for calculating (W/L)1,2 = (wu^2*Cc)/(un*Cox*SR);where wu=unity gain bandwidth, Cc=Coupling capacitor, un=mobility Cox= Oxide cap & SR = Slew rate.

Let the SR = plus minus 5V/us & also all other values are known to us.

Now my doubt is whether we take SR=5V/us or 10 V/us & why?

Thanks & regards.

Normally, if you say SR=10V/uS, it means 10V/uS either way i.e. plus or minus 10V/uS.

Thanks a lot godfreyl sir

But when i take SR = 10 (instead of 5) in different equations, my results for various (W/L)'s are coming almost same to the given (W/L)'s only with slight variations.
So, that's why i am a bit confused like which SR value should i consider for finding the W/L's.

Slew rate is voltage to time slope. That line is as long as linear ( in positive/ negative -axis) will show the same slope (tangent). so if it is 5V/us, it will remain the same 5V/us. +ve or -ve slew rate is defined at separate instances, (for charging and for discharging the output node cap).
Most of the time +/-ve slew rate are of the same value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back