Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubt in Modelsim, simulation taking more time, I am doing correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
run -all will run till the simulation no longer has any signals making transitions or it finds some control statement that stops/halts the simulation.

run 100 ns will run for 100 ns and stop.

which is better run 100 ns or run -all

if i run 100 ns can i get output?

Could it be that your problem has nothing to do with performance, but the fact that your test is not set up correctly? Do you have any interim output to show that is running correctly, but slow?

BTW, Questa has supported multi-threading for analysis tasks like waveform dumping for several releases. We have a separate product for Multi-core simulation.

Could it be that your problem has nothing to do with performance, but the fact that your test is not set up correctly? Do you have any interim output to show that is running correctly, but slow?

BTW, Questa has supported multi-threading for analysis tasks like waveform dumping for several releases. We have a separate product for Multi-core simulation.

if i run 100 ns, simulation is done
@dave_59 can you explain me further what kind of interim output I want to get?

which is better run 100 ns or run -all
if i run 100 ns can i get output?

dave is suggesting that you may not be running a simulation which generates the output you are looking for.

I suspect you don't know what you are trying to achieve with the simulation. How long you run your simulation depends on what you are trying to simulate and how long the UUT takes to reach the point where you get outputs that you are interested in. We can't tell you if 100 ns or 100 years is appropriate, that is your call depending on what you are trying to do.

abu9022 said:
if i run 100 ns, simulation is done
@dave_59 can you explain me further what kind of interim output I want to get?
How is dave supposed to know what kind of interim output you are supposed to get, he doesn't have your design nor does he know what you are trying to do. Nobody but you knows what outputs you are looking for and what those interim outputs would be that achieve the final outputs you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back