Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

double clock feed to synchronous state machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.satya arikanth

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
double clocking asynchronous

hi
i am srikanth can u plz suggest an idea or releated topics for this question

In what cases do you need to double clock a signal before presenting it to a synchronous state machine?:cry:

srikanth

double clocking

Asynchoronous signal does.

synchronous state machine

hi ,

double clocking can be feed for asynchronous design while domain crossing to avoid metastability but i want when to feed double clock to an FSM .....

srikanth

Added after 3 minutes:

hi ,

double clocking can be feed for asynchronous design while domain crossing to avoid metastability but i want when to feed double clock to an FSM .....

srikanth

clock feed

one example is, feeding an async reset/set to a FF ( no matter it is in an FSM or not).

in general async signals are double clocked to avoid recovery violations and in multi clock domain.

need of double clocking in synchronous machines

what excatly is recovery violation.. and why do u double clock asyn ckts..having multiple clocks in asyn ckts always results in metastability resolution..

its also excess power consumption

any sugessions?

with regards,
arun

double clocking metastability

recovery limit specifies how much time must elapse after a control signal, like clear signal, toggles its active state, before there is an active clk edge. here the control signal means any async input to the FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back