Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

don't know how to estimate the dc voltage at collector of q4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashade

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i am an engineering electronics student and i was trying to design my own power amp. It's not about to be tested on a protoboard... it's just for simulating...
well, i'm having trouble with dc levels because i don't know how to estimate the dc voltage at collector of q4. Q4 and Q3 form a bjt differential pair activelly loaded with pnp transistors q6 and q5. q11 is an emitter follower, so it doesn't load the q4/q3 state.
Here's how i am calculating dc voltages and currents:

1) assuming the two inputs are zero, voltage at bases of q1 and q2 are zero, voltages at base of q3/q4 are -0.7V;
2) since Vcc=+25V, base of q5 is at 24.3V and, therefore, q3 collector is at 24.3V.
3) The problem: what is the voltage at collector of q4/q6???

**broken link removed**

Re: don't know how to estimate the dc voltage at collector o

alright, but according the simulation the value of dc at colector of q4 is 22V!!
oh sorry!!! 25-5 = 20V!! that's the correct value... thakx!

Added after 8 minutes:

fine. now, as u can see, the "ideal dc voltage" would be about 13V to allow maximum swing, but it's 21V... do u have any suggestions so i can change the circuit to match that dc voltage????

if you reduce Ic for example to 2.5uA that will give you aprox Vce aprox 13v

Added after 11 minutes:

sorry not ic, ib to 2.5uA
that reduces ic so at 1mA that gives you Vce aprox 12 V

how do u calculated that?? with the datasheet??? Vce goes only from 0 - 5V...
and how will i change ib without changing ic??? I thought in active mode ib = ic/(B+1)...

use the first reference that I gave you
from there you can see the Ic vs VCE you can extrapolate

I tryied to find The early voltage or a way to find out that, but I culdn't

SO I used a graphic method.

well, i made a try-error solution using the spice simulation, and the bias Ic must be equal to 25uA to achieve a dc voltage of 13V. however, it's a too low bias current, so it's not a good solution..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back