Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does HFSS have a function to add mesh point manually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ablendos

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS-mesh promblem

Do HFSS have funtion of add mesh point manually???because i just want some place in small mesh. someone kindly help me!!!
Thx.

Re: HFSS-mesh promblem

Manually and a certain place? I don't hear any about it, but you can study the HF$$9.0,perhaps you can find someting usefull! Good luck!

My english is so bad!!!sorry
For example.i want add mesh point in one surface or body that i want.
How can i ddo????

I know this is possible with version 8.0. There is some kind of "refine" command in some menu. The basis idea is to draw a box around the region where you want fine mesh and set a small desired edge length. The additional box would be assigned the same material as the object enclosing it or/ not be assigned any material.

Haven't used the feature in version 9. but I guess you can find the command from the online help.

Hi,

yes, you can do dummy object approach described by loucy. You can force the surface/volume mesh parameters of either dummy or your source objects.

HFSS/Mesh Operations/Asign/On selection (surfaces)

HFSS/Mesh Operations/Asign/Inside selection (volumes)

This will bring menues where you can choose meshing parameters to force finer mesh but also you will be able to limit the maximum number od triangles/tetrahedra for a particular object.

This is the most you can do manually.

You can also specify some general parameters for the mesh during adaptive solver run in Analysis/Setup window.

flyhigh

This can be done in 8.0!!! HFSS provide two ways:auto and manual!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back