Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anybody use AMD64 to run EDA tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said, another thing to note, my university recieved a complete tool set from Mentor, Cadence and Synopsis I was supprised at how many of the applications were AMD64 compatible!

hi
yes i have worked with that,it is good
bye :oops:

Can you tell us what kinds of EDA tools you are using?

I am a backend designer, most of my work relate to the following tools (currently run in 32-bit mode, some of them has 64-bit capability too):

MG icstation, calibre, da_ic.
hspice.exe, cosmos.
primetime, nanosim, starsim_xt.
NCV, VCS.
Most of Cadence apps: icfb, SOC PKS.

and other front end apps.
:oops:

Can anybody tells me that whether the amd64 cpu is supported in redhat7.3/8 or not??

Aigneryu said:
Can anybody tells me that whether the amd64 cpu is supported in redhat7.3/8 or not??

Whether AMD64 is supported depends on the version of kernel. So I guess RH7.3/8 typically does not support AMD64 if you use the original kernel.

Thanx, can you tell me where to find the complete hardware support list?
If I upgrate the kernel to 2.4.20

We are using single Opteron Linux boxes for all our design workstations, and multiple CPUs for simulatin farm. All 32-bit EDA applications run like charm. For some 64-bit ready applications, they are runnning great.

HI, kk_10,
what kind of OS you use??

i think it is not mature to use such platform for product,but for study it's ok

EDA tools run properly on M os.

There is not much 64bits EDA product

gezzas525 said:
Well said, another thing to note, my university recieved a complete tool set from Mentor, Cadence and Synopsis I was supprised at how many of the applications were AMD64 compatible!

Yes, I agree that they are AMD64 compatible, but please tell me which product is 64bit Linux, I guess none.

Status
Not open for further replies.