Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anybody try use HS nldmos as LS nldmos for your BUCK converter design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHIPMUNK_kevin

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,

For BUCK converter design ,does anybody use isolated high side nldmos as isolated low side nldmos ?

If this works ?

Thnaks in advance .

Not unless I could identify some benefit to the isolation
there (such as, maybe you're concerned about ground
bounce and the inductive nature of the gate drive loop).
But otherwise all you do is eat area unnecessarily.

Thanks dick_freebird.

In our project , we usually use isolated LS nldmos for our project .This is because isolated LS could reduce the substrate noise greatly during dead time , especially for large load current application ,for example >5A, isolated is a must .By now , I know some company use the non-isolated nldmos LS in their design for 2A/3A BUCK converter , but for more high current , isolated is a must .

I ask this question is because we plan to use a new process , but they only supply isolated HS nldmos in their 1st PDK , so I want to know if I could use the isolated nldmos HS as isolated nldmos LS .

Thanks so much .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back