Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY Small Radar System

Status
Not open for further replies.

kostalexis

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to the community!

I am interested in building a small Synthetic Aperture Radar System able to provide image information up to 1km away, By "small" I mean something lightweight enough that can be used as a sensor unit on a small-sized unmanned aerial vehicle. I would also like it to be cheap meaning no more than 500$. I am aware of the main principles and know how to deal with the frequency domain calculations but I do not have a clear solution on how to build a small yet effectively working radar system.

Awaiting for your input!

Best,
Kostas

hello Kostalexis

i am not sure if you have already look at the material that is available on MIT's website. building a small radar is not a expensive, if you know where to buy your components from. Have a look at the pages below, if you already know of them no worries

Free Online Course Materials | Lecture Notes | MIT OpenCourseWare

**broken link removed**

Regards
Elchiqutio

@Jim and elchiquito,

Ok guys! Thank you both. I think I must search a little bit more and come up with some first ideas which I can share them afterwards here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back