Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY intercom, need help with the wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrazh

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.

I'm new here and i hope i'm posting this into the right forum.

I moved into the apartment block recently and the intercom is missing. So i want to make my own.

I have a problem because I don't know which wire is which.

There are 2 holes in the wall and cables are looking out.

This one is where the intercom should be:
**broken link removed**

And this one is under the ceiling. Probably where the ring is(it wasn't before, i put it there).
**broken link removed**

How should I know which wire is which and if anyone knows what wires are there?
I tried measuring the voltage while my girlfriend was ringing and there was 0 on all of them. So i think i was doing sth wrong.

I hope someone can help me.

Hello andrazh,

you can not take any intercom. You must look what intercom system is installed in your house. To find it out, you can ask your neighbour or the owner of the house. Then you can buy it.

To connect the new one, look for your neighbour. The connection terminals there and frrom you must have the same color.

The doorbell can use DC or AC and sometimes only a sound produce be a generator. Here you must know how it is in the other apartments. Check this out before you try something, because you can disturb all other doorbells in the house.

When you find out what system is installed, ask again if you have problems

Regards

Rainer

I thought i could make my own intercom from scratch. So there is no way of doing that besides talking to neighbours?

Hello andrazh,

you can make your own intercom, but you must know what is inside.

Is the intercom with a microphon and Speaker, or only speaker or like a telephone. Also you must know what switches are inside.

Can you tell, what is the magnifacturer of the intercom. Maybe I have the circuits.

Regards

Rainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back