Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY Coil Winder

yovenim

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all.

I have decided to TRY and make my own coil winding machine as I intend to wind more coils in the future.

I wanted to ask for ideas on how to construct a decent winder. I looked on YouTube for inspiration but most winders I found were too basic for what I wanted.

The two main challenges I am looking at are-
Motor speed control, forward and reverse.
A system where a guide arm forces the wire along the bobbin and forces it to return back when it reaches the other end of the bobbin.

For the counting system, I could use electronic components but if I were to be very choosy I would like a CNC. version.

Any help and advice will be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
An internet search on coil winders brings up a few expensive store-bought models, and then a host of DIY photos with various features.

Fishing reels have a mechanism like you describe, an arm moving the line back and forth on the spindle.

Or lathes with a gear mechanism when you wish to make a custom bolt. It moves the bit a tiny distance each turn, automatically cutting evenly spaced threads in a rod.

An internet search on coil winders brings up a few expensive store-bought models, and then a host of DIY photos with various features.

Fishing reels have a mechanism like you describe, an arm moving the line back and forth on the spindle.

Or lathes with a gear mechanism when you wish to make a custom bolt. It moves the bit a tiny distance each turn, automatically cutting evenly spaced threads in a rod.
thank you so much for your suggestion

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: