Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Display output in Simulink OFDM demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonio_Magma

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simulink demo

I am currently doing a simulation of OFDM in Simulink to be later used in a TI DSP.

There are a few demos in Simulink which involves OFDM which i play around to familiarise with the blocks before i build my own model.

There is one demo in Simulink called HiperLan2 which involves OFDM. What i'm trying to do now is to display the output after every block with a display block to observe how does the bits get manipulated and changed.

However in the model, the Bernoulli Binary Generator generates an output of 144x1 and after coding it becomes 288x1. Thus it is not possible to observe these values with the display block.

I have tried using the To Workspace block to send the data to Matlab workspace. However, the variable apprearing instead of having a value of 144x1 or 288x1, its value is displayed as <1x1 structure>.

What should i do?

This is the model from Simulink demo
**broken link removed**[/url]

bernoulli binary generator+matlab

I guess you want to use scope/spectrum to observe the data? you should unbeffer the data.
use "unbuffer" block before scope/spectrum

simulink bernoulli display

DimaA, can u give more details?

I have tried connecting a scope to the Bernoulli Generator but its displays an error, something about frames n stuff.

One more thing, since the simulation runs continuously for a period of time and its calculating the BER. The input of the generator is always changing. How do i configure it so that it only runs once so that i can observe every block and its bit manipulations?

bernolli binar+ofdm

I have tried using the To Workspace block to send the data after each block in d model to the Matlab workspace after setting the output as an array.

However, for instance the Bernoulli Binary Generator, instead of having an 144x1 array. I'm getting arrays multiple of 144 such as 4752 (144 x 33=4752). The same applies to the rest of the block. I understand the simulation might have already ran 33 steps before i paused/stopped it. Thus, the array generated are concatenated instead of replacing the old values.

My question is, how to make the simulation run just 1 step? so that for the case of the Bernoulli Binary Generator array output to the workspace would be only 144 x 1 and after the Convolutional Block would be 288 x 1 and so on.

simulink display variable from workspace

I've solved my previous problem.

Now, i have another problem. How do i input my own set of binary data, replacing the Bernoulli Binary Generator?

I tried using the From Workspace block and i have already declared my 144x1 array in my Matlab workspace. But when i run the model in Simulink, it produces an error saying my input should be at least 2 rows and 2 columns with the 1st column representing time in an increasing order. So i altered my input array in the Matlab workspace into a 144x2 array with the data in column2 and 1:1:144 in the 1st column. But when i run this, it got another error saying that the dimensions of the input does not fix the dimensions of other blocks.

How do i solve this without modifying other blocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back