Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode question - urgent help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tOngEh

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Diode question

HI all, I met a problem in my simple circuit which i cant solve for the past 2weeks.
Attached in the circuit schematic and Output voltage. I wish to see the modulated carrier sitting the Squarewave with diode turn on/off effect. However, i cant justified the ringing output. Pls help. Thank you!

RF(1.5GHz sinwave carrier ) and DC(4MHz squarewave) are injected into a bias tee consisting a LC. Upon summing, the resultant signal is feed into a diode followed by a LC(passing the 1.5GHz carrier) to generate a ASK signal.

Thank you!

Diode question

What is the diode?

I assume you have a current limiting resistor driving the DC?

The output capacitor looks like 180nF on your drawing - is that correct? If so, it will not have a good performance at 1.5GHz.

I assume you have a 50 ohm source and have terminated the load with 50 ohms?

You T piece looks nice, but I what is it? Is it a 50 ohm splitter? Is your 'scope set to 50 ohm input.

Building stuff on stripboard at 1.5GHz is a bit dodgy. You could use a bit of copper foil maybe.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.