Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

diode equivalent circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuya_O

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is about equivalent circuit of diode.

I saw the topic about equivalent circuit of diode. It says depend on the value of the capacitance(impedance), the equivalent circuit is changed to Rs Cs or Rp Cp(I attached the picture above).
Someone could you explain about this principle ?

diode.png

Hi,

At a guess, and I don't know how to explain it but know what I'm trying to articulate, high Zc is because parallel RC at low(er) frequencies acts like an integrator (low pass) and low Zc is because the series capacitor is a short at high(er) frequencies so only Rs matters as the impedance, differentiator. Low frequency: Rs + Rp = full impedance and C is open circuit element, high frequency: Rs + C will be lower impedance as C is a short and path of least resistance from in to out compared to through Rs + Rp. Depends on value of diode C. Sorry for pathetic, unhelpful, dubious explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.