Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital pot ICs MAX5161 with 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethankp

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I have got few digital pot ICs MAX5161 Ics for controlling the current to the dc load . (I have attached my ckt) .

Resistance across the H and L increases when I operate with INC and up/down pins when I measured using multimeter , but if I connect my load no current will flow to the load ..
Pls help me to find out where I have gone wrong .

Attachments

• Digitalpot.ppt
    105.5 KB · Views: 46

Hi, I have attached the snapshot of my ckt ...
pot.png

What is the current rating of the digital pot? You can't use it to vary the speed of a motor. Is your motor 5V or 12V? In the datasheet it is given max current through H, L , and W pins is 1 mA. If your motor drives more than 1 mA then your pot is already dead.

My motor is 5V dc motor(RF-310T-11400) .. yeah Maximum Continuous Current into H, L is .±1mA ... then I can not use this IC for my motor .. Is there any possibality build other ckt along with this digital pot for the same purpose ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back