Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital mixer design for software defined radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

sssliz

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
haiii
:-:)-( can anyone help us with vhdl or verilog code for digital mixer plzzzz???

What have you managed to write so far?

hai...input to the mixer comes from ADC and NCO....we have'nt strdt doin it as we didn find ny information abt digital mixer....

Available options are double side-band mixer (simply a signed multiplier) or single sideband mixer (quadrature modulator). A digital imlementation should be more or less obvious, I think. Otherwise, there's a lot of literature about SDR on the internet.

If by digital mixer you mean multiplying mixer, I guess you could always try ... multiplying.

Code Verilog - [expand]
always @(posedge clk)
   mixer_out <= adc_stuff*nco_fluff;

There we go. Anything more falls outside the detail level of your specs. Problem solved.

And I wasn't going to be the first to point it out, but since FvM already did, I'll be the 2nd to point it out. Google? When I was looking for gps sdr implementations (which is a narrower field than random generic anything SDR as per your question) I had no problem finding boatloads of information. So google is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back