Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital input to spice when signal activate

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnanar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

In (H)SPICE, I have a block of logic gates which requires a 16 bit input and have one bit output which is activated when the computation in the logic block is finished.

I want to feed the logic block with a set of input vectors (originally they are in a file with one 16 bit number for each line, but I've made a script to transform my input into a piece wise linear input if needed). The problem is that I need to change the input vector when the signal "end of computation" of my logic block is activated. I can't predict the timing when my computation is finished (I'm doing a monte carlo simulation and each time the timing of the computation can change quite a lot).

Does anyone know how to change the input vector when such a signal is activated? I can't use PWL since it requires precise timing of when my computation is finished. I've tried to feed my input into a gated latch, but it doesn't work for a big number of input vector.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back