Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Image processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

srdp

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am new to this "edaboard". I am a graduate student specializing in digital communications.

Can anyone please help me to solve the below problem which is required for my final project.
I am now in the process of learning matlab and simulink software. I am not fully aware of the matlab commands. So i request your kind help as soon as possible. PLEASE.

Suppose that a flat area with center at (x0,y0 )is illuminated by a light source with intensity
distribution

i(x, y) =Ke^-[(x-x0 )^2+( y-y0 )^2 ] /sigma^2
Assume for simplicity that the reflectance of the area is constant and equal to 1.0, and let
K =255 and sigma= 20 .
(1) Write a Matlab program to
(i) create and visualize this image. Assume (x0 ,y0 )= (50,50) is the center of the
image and the image has 99 rows and 99 columns;
(ii) digitize the image with k bits of intensity resolution and display the quantized
image and its surface for k =8 , k = 6 , k = 4 and k =2 . (Hint, you can use
Matlab functions “imshow” and “surf” ).

(2) If the eye can detect an abrupt change of 16 shades of intensity between adjacent
pixels, what value of k (>0) will cause visible false contouring? Display the quantized
image(s) with all the possible values of k (>0) that will cause visible false contouring.

Awaiting for your kind reply ASAP.

Thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back