Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digial signal to micro controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbkyew

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi my project uses an IR sensor. It gives around 5 v when when it detects IR. i need to send this voltage(ON/OFF is enough) to the micro controller. Is there any other way other than using adc? I plan to use a 7805 voltage regulator. will it work?

If your sensor gives 5V when detecting IR signal, and gives 0V when nothing is detected, then you can connected directly to your controller. Otherwise, you can use a comparator to provide these two levels (5V, 0V)

hi my project uses an IR sensor. It gives around 5 v when when it detects IR. i need to send this voltage(ON/OFF is enough) to the micro controller. Is there any other way other than using adc? I plan to use a 7805 voltage regulator. will it work?

First Define the i/o to Digital input, then connect the sensor output directly to MC digital input pin. you can use 7805, it will work up to 1 A load

Hi !
You can use external pin interrupt (ISR), it is triggered by low to high rising voltage signal from IR sensor (edge) or H to L edge (your choice), you can add timer0 functions into ISR function to collect exact time based measures.

Best wishes !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back