Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difficult to find a worker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_ghz

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

How difficult is it in different countries (e.g. Europe) for a company to find employees? - Normally we only talk from the side of the worker, but in my eyes a big problem exist also for the companies itself.

Look at our case: We are a small company (4 people) in Switzerland doing Hard- and Software development and a lot of microwave stuff. For more than one year we are searching for people. We would take interested people directly from school or even skilled workers. BUT: There are too much open jobs and too less people interested in hardware and microwave!

How is it in other countries? Would it be a subject for foreign people to move to another country for finding an interesting job? Where are these people, how can they be found?

I'm interested to hear your opinion. If you are searching a job, I'm also interested... :D

hi
i am very much interested to work in microwave field
currently i am working as project associate at indian institute of science, bangalore
so if u kindly send me more details about the job, it will be helpful for me
my mail id is pal.arpan@gmail.com
with regards
arpan

So many million people from my country r working abroad. Pl. check the policy of ur country about foreigner employment. Otherwise it must not be difficult to find poeple.

hi
i am also interested in microwave field .and i have 3 years exp. about RF design. such as LNA, MIxer ,LC filter and so on.
currently i am working as project associate at chinese academy of science, BeiJing, China.
so if u kindly send me more details about the job, it will be helpful for me
my mail id is microwavehongjie@sohu.com

with regards
mic

To find good engineer (software, hardware, RF) here in US is also not that easy. But given that job market here is more fluid then in Europe - it is possible. For me to hire two engineers it took about 3 months. References from former colleagues usually help a lot. Another interesting way I just discovered - www.linkedin.com. Although I am not sure it is popular in your country.

Concerning outsourcing and hire in different countries - I have bad experience - after interviewing about 20 candidates for opening office in Bangalore we didn't find even one worth considering. It looks like the good ones are already happily working somewhere.

Btw. it helps to make cooperation with some other small company that might provide you the service in the area you trying to find people. Some times it is cheaper then loose one year trying to find someone.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.