Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Different Vt on the same diffussion (Need Pointers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhiling0229

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

I'm at the dead-end here and don't know what to do, really need your help.

I'm having a layout design in such a way that two transistors are sharing the same diffussion. (Refer to the picture below) Where the first transistor drain is connected to the second transistor gate

The problem is the two transistors are not the same length where the second transistor is 45 times larger in length. Since both of the transistors are not the same length I presume that they should not have same Vt

I have a few questions:
1. How will the different Vt affect the speed performance of the transistor?
2. Will the different Vt cause some effect on the depletion region as both of them are sharing the same p well?

As based on the silicon I observe that some of the device suffer from clock run-through issue.

Please let me know if I got my facts right as well as any ideas or pointers for the questions will be a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back