Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differences between implementation of full-chip and block

Status
Not open for further replies.

designer_ec

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Full-chip and block

Hi,

Please anybody clarify below doubt clearly.

What differences found during implementation of full chip & block level chip.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Full-chip and block

Hi,

Block-Level Design is nothing but Flat Design which is without a hierarchy i,e, without sub modules or blocks.

Top-Level or Full chip is one which is a integration of modules or blocks. This obviously will consume more run time and memory consequently more area and power.

Thanks,
KAPIL B

Thanks kapil,but I want that during floorplan,placement,cts (clock tree build),Routing,extraction like this at each stage how we implement for full chip & block level.I.e what are the differences (according to implementation) find for fullchip & block.
Regarding this if anybody had good material please upload here.

can u be more specific

I am not asking about flat level design & hierarchy level design.I am asking about differences between implimentation of full chip and block.Because I worked for block.But I want to know full details about each stage implementation of full chip.

fullchip verification and block lever is different!

go through jupiterxt lab guide if u want to know more abt full-chip and go through Astro for block-level.

Hi Kapil,

Please upload jupiterxt lab guide & astro meterila here.

hi,

which P & R tool do u use.

Thanks,

KAPIL B

Hi Kapil,

I am working with magma blastfusion P & R tool

Then go through Blast Plan Pro Ducumentation. U will how hierarachial design is implemented in Blast-Plan Pro. Go through the flow of Blast Plan pro in Molten. U will get better picture. Hope this helps.

you may divide your design into several module according to different function,
we can treated one function module as a block, and all function module as Full-Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back