Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VOIP AND AUDIO CHAT OVER LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmat_ali

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi..
i just the differences of voip and audio chat ..
so plz any one can help me in this regard..

The process of signal is similar, the scene of VoIP is : one analog telephone connected to ata, it is a gateway betwen PSTN and Internet or lan.

VoIP
1º Scene
phone<------>(FXS/FXO)ata(rj45)<--------------->Internet or Lan

2º Scene
PSTN<------>(FXS/FXO)ata(rj45)<--------------->Internet or Lan

3º Scene
PBX<------>(FXS/FXO)ata(rj45)<--------------->Internet or Lan

The audio chat

pc<---------->Internet or Lan

therefore the audio chat´s technology is the voip.-

ip Telephony
ip phone <--------------->Intenet or Lan

ata: adapter telephone analog

ggg_lp
PD excuse me my english

hello

VoIP basically means that IP is used for transportation of Voice

Details

well the audio chat is a kind of VoIP but VoIP can be of many forms like IP Telephony is also a kind of VoIP but IP Telephony is an advance form it can be between

PC to PC
PC to Phone
Phone to PC

now audio chat over LAN doesnt involve any gateway because Voice is Transported on the same network
when u want to transport voice from one network to other hetrogenous networks then you have to design a gateway for that which resolves different other issues i mean resolving of different kind of hetrogenities

hmm well its a long discussion over VoIP and dont want to discuss with you in so much detail..acutally i did my undergrad project on IP Telephony :)

however you are welcome for any kind of question to ask and i will try my best to answer if i can i will inshaAllah

regards
bilal

I want to ask Mr. Bilal that what project he did on IP Telephony. I m also doing my project on IP Telephony at undergraduate level. So, if u can help me in any regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.