Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between On-Board & Off-Board Voice User Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajeesh_elayath

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I would like to know the difference between On-Board & Off-Board Voice User interface (VUI).
Any body knows, pl help me..

Best Regards,
Sajeesh
Email: sajeeshk@tataelxsi.co.in

these are purely automotive words and the context. these refer to the internal of a automotive vehicle
For e.g
a car’s hardware such as the internal computer, touch screen and perhaps digital instrument gauges are the on board equipment. The off board equipment features Bluetooth wireless connectivity, wifi etc .

So these collectively when used for voice control of the gadgets or control of the vehicle through voice is voice user interface..........

Hi Shivaram,
Thnks for the immediate reply.
As you told these are part of automotive telematics design.
I would like to know whether we are able to make a single feature with two options.
1. Off-board
2. On-board

Thanks
Sajeesh

Not quite.. these are always different and cannot be mixed...

but you can have a voice control to play the cd player, or call someone from you phone using your voice.. so for a single application it cannot be combined but can be used...
one more example is providing the driver and accept or hangup button on the steering to accept or reject phone calls.
touch screen videos can be used to play videos or gps map for guidance.. so voice can be used to control both but since few device are a part of vehicles and devices like bluetooth are external to car body and components..

this is what i can answer by understanding your question.. you can be more clear of your question for more precise answer....

Hi Shivaram,.
Actually we are in the design of a 'eCall module' for one of our clients.
Our client asked for two options for VUI due to some cost factors. Following are my understanding.
1. Onboard VUI - I have to provide the voice recognition system in the ecall module design itself.
2. Offboard VUI - I can take the voice recognition system from my infotainment system and can use for eCall module.

So I would like to know whether my understanding is OK or not.

Best Regards
Sajeesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back