Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between LUTs from Xilinx and Altera

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikru26

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1) A single ALM has max of 8 input

ie 2 LUTs or ALUTs

either it can have same size or different size.

eventhough the max input is 8 we are using only 7 inputs in all the cases .

2) can anyone tell me some differences between @ltera ALM and what is the equivalent in Xilinx. ( ALM_ Adaptive logic Module ).

3) Difference between

1) LUTs in Xilinx and @ltera
2) DLL's and PLL's
3) Architecture wise between Stratix ii and Virtex 4

3) what are the major differences in @ltera FPGA mainly Stratix II with Xilinx Virtex -4 pro

Re: Xilinx and Altera

Just curious but I have to ask, why does it matter what the differences are between the Xilinx and Altera devices?

E

Xilinx and @ltera

@nxtech
IMHO Though one can say that when we are writing or using (in case of purchased IPs) tech. independent HDLs for designing and relying on synth tools for tech. mapping why do we need to know the difference between the archs . However, knowing the arch. of the tech you are going to use is extremely important for doing a efficient design and for optimization. Moreover, especially in FPGA designs you must know what are the available resource for you to use and their limitations. In many cases you may need to instantiate a component rather then inferring it in synth. for which you must have arch. knowledge.
Am I right here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back