Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DFT v/s Post Silicon Validation and NXP v/s Qualcomm

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharathsrivatsa88

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am currently working in Wipro Technologies as DFT Engineer for the past 10 months. I will be changing my job soon. I would like to advice of experienced engineers to help me decide on the Domain and the Company.
1) I have an offer from Qualcomm, Bangalore for the post of Post Silicon Validation Engineer(VI).
2)I also have an offer from NXP Semi conductor, Bangalore for the post of DFT Engineer.

The big question now is, which One should I pick?

I am confused as I do not know which of the two jobs/domains will be more challenging and fun to work on? I have been working on DFT for the past few months now. The work is good. But I do not know if post silicon validation(VI) is better or just another spec reading & testing job. There is also the issue with the company, which is the better company? Which company will offer a better and steeper career growth? And which of the two domains (DFT or Post Silicon Validation-VI) offers a better future?

Please advice.
I ll be grateful for your insight you share.

Thanks in advance

Qualcomm is a better option as NXP has closed down most of its operating centers and are very few left after NXP merged with ST microelectronics..

1) I have an offer from Qualcomm, Bangalore for the post of Post Silicon Validation Engineer(VI). is better

Qualcomm is a better option as NXP has closed down most of its operating centers and are very few left after NXP merged with ST microelectronics..

Thank you... I shall consider your input. Could you plz tell me which is the better(more challenging) domain of the two(DFT or Post silicon validation-VI)?

Status
Not open for further replies.