Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

desining one battery remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanna

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
one battery

Hi,
I am designing one battery remote and thinking to use one AA battery instead of two. using a DC DC converter to boost it up to 3.3 V. Just wonder what can be disadvantages with one battery except battery life and what I have to concider with one battery.

Thanks for all help

battery remote posts

Why do you want to use one AA battery?
To boost from 1.5V to 3.3V you need a switching regulator (plus additional components adds significant cost to your design)

The MAX1724 seems to be the right circuit for you. The advantage you´ll get from it is that you´ll have a fixed regulated voltage from an input voltage down to 0.9V. This way you´ll use the whole power from the battery. The disadvantage is cost.
Regards

sanna

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I am trying to see if I can reduce cost, but it seems that the DC DC is more pricy to boost 1.5 V battery to 3.3 V?!
Is anything else I have to pay attention to when I use 1 battery?

Thanks,
Sanna

Just act as any manufacturer: battery cost is not a problem of yours. It is a problem left for the owner. No one ask the price of the batteries when buying a product.Haven´t you seen how bad are the batteries that come inside products manufactured in China? Just choose: you assume the costs or the user assumes it. The only relevant point here is that by using a SMPS you can draw all the power from the battery and sometimes it will last more than a pair if your circuit is sensitive to voltage drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back