Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing RF MEMS Redundancy Switch in HFSS- stuck in error

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumendu89

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to design a RF MEMS T-switch in HFSS. But when i am trying to simulate the complete structure without using switches, I am getting the following error. I am also unable to heal it. How shall I correct the error. I am trying to take input from port 1 and take the output through port 3. Kindly help me to solve the problem.

Error message:

[error] Mesh generation has failed. Specific details may be found in 3D Modeler>Model Analysis>Show Analysis Dialog>Last Simulation Mesh. (11:07 AM Aug 02, 2011)
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (11:07 AM Aug 02, 2011)

Regards,
Soumendu

Attachments

• t switch_2.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 130

anyone who has worked on RF MEMS switches can reply. This paper is published by Dr. Mogjan Daneshmand and Dr. Rafaat R Mansour. How shall I proceed in designing it?

You can upload the paper if you have with you. I would like to give a trial.

hi Sameervedula.
I'm working on a microstrip reflectarray antenna included a MEMS switch. I want to insert a model in my HFSS project that act as a MEMS switch and include MEMS properties like capacitance (in ON and OFF state), resistance and...
my question is " for modelling the MEMS switch can i use a small strip in ON state and remove it in OFF state?
and what is the dimension off MEMS switch?
i would be thankful if you could help me.
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back