Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing Helical Resonator using CST --Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloush

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to design a metal helical resonator using CST. I ran a literature example by Zverev https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=1136604&isnumber=25358 page 106-107. The following information are available:

Shields dimensions: Width 1.13 inch, height 2.08 inches
Helix: helix diameter = 0.858 inches, number of turns= 22.8, helix height = 1.3 inch, helix wire diameter/thickness = 0.0284 inch.

The lower end of helix is solidly connected to the cavity wall. Telforn might be inserted inside the helix. Material is copper.

The resonance frequency is 54 MHZ and Q= 500.

I tried running the above example using CST but am not getting any close results. Can any one help me please?
If you know any good example i can run in CST please tel me or if u designed a helical resonator can you please send me the design?

I really need your help.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back