Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of Memristor using Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga Karthik

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

Has anyone of you designed a memristor using cadence ? or can any one of tell me how can we design a memristor in cadence or any other software like Pspice and one more thing i want to know if we design a spice model of memristor in Pspice then how can we transfer that file to cadence. please help me

hello,

Has anyone of you designed a memristor using cadence ? or can any one of tell me how can we design a memristor in cadence or any other software like Pspice and one more thing i want to know if we design a spice model of memristor in Pspice then how can we transfer that file to cadence. please help me

hi karthik,
Firstly you have to generate the memristor symbol.

The memristor element itself is not the province of IC CAD
tools or simulators. Expressing its behavior, is a task to
support IC design. If you have a macromodel based on
standard primitives then moving it from one simulator to
another is just clerical work. If you make use of elements
that do not enjoy broad support, then it gets tougher
and narrower.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Actually i am designing a CAM(Content Addressable Memory) so I want to design this CAM using Memristor.
So, i am unable to figure out how can i do this. First of all i came to know that we cannot design this memristor in cadence.
Next one is a spice model is required to design that memristor. i have got some papers which is having a spice model. but i don't now how to implement that one.
"SPICE Model of Memristor with Nonlinear Dopant Drift" this one of the paper i have got. In this paper they have given a spice model. i want to know how can we implement that spice model in pspice and
how can we transfer to cadence and how can we control that one in cadence.

PSPICE syntax is pretty classic, from what I see of vendor
device models; the command interface, I have not used.
But I import PSPICE models to Cadence often enough, with
no trouble (as long as I remember to add

simulator lang=spice

as a header line).

If you're already working in the Cadence environment I'd
forget about the PSPICE step, just put the SPICE model
verbatim into a .inc file with appropriate language header,
make a symbol and edit the CDF to get the right info (you
might prefer to rip off a sorta-close analogLib primitive,
Library Manager copy it (all views) to your working lib and
edit it to get desired terminals and model name and any
passed parameters (you may also want to propertize the
symbol to let you assert a control variable for state, per
instance, if you want to simulate the read without a write
cycle chewing time, etc.).

thank you so much..

Can you give me a spice model of memristor and can you tell me how to simulate in pspice

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone of you please help me in guiding how to design a memristor in Pspice. i have got spice models but i don't know how to implement in Pspice. Can anyone guide me please.

and also can anyone of you post the picture of Pspice model after designing in Pspice along with the proper code please. it would be a great help for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.