Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design of integrator current level

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansu_s

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I try to design integrator but a bit confused about how to go from high level design (unity gain frequency, DC gain) to low level design. Using a gm-c structure, but what current do I use in the gm stage? unity-gain frequency is independent of current (can scale Gm and C at the same time), so what determines the current level to use? I thought it could be something related to linearity, but not sure whether this is correct, or how to use linearity to define current level.

Any suggestions?

1) choose ugb of your amp to be atleast 10 times that of your integrator.
2) choose the output stage current of your amp such that it would be able to drive the input resistor of the integrator. Practically you might need to increase the bias currents till you meet the linearity specifications.

Reactions: ansu_s

ansu_s

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.