Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design for a J-POLE dual band antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky761

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can you guys help me with a design for a J-POLE dual band antenna ( vhf & uhf ) that at leaqst can handle 250 watts input power. :eek:

Re: JPOLE antenna design

The design from the arrow looks simple and sturdy but I'm a bit comfused as to how it will be feed . I did not see connector or wire connector to connect the coaxial ? :(

Look carefully at the drawings and photos of the arrow antenna. You will notice that the driven element is insulated from the base metal and has a coaxial connector. The center of the coax is connected to the driven element and the outer conductor is connected to the metal base and nondriven element.

You are right the quarter wave rod is insulated from the base metal so this is diffirent from the other Jpole design . But how about the radiation pattern? will it be omni direction ? And if I want to do it DIY how simple I could implement the feed section I mean by using a 239 connector ?

The radiation comes from the portion of the driven element that extends beyond the length of the other element. The pattern is much like a quarter wave or 5/8 wave type.

On construction, there are many ways. It is the electrical connections that count. You could easily use a plastic base with the two vertical elements mounted on the base and the coax socket very close to the driven element. Use wires to connect from the coax socket to the two elements.

There are probably more construction details available in ham publications like the amateur radio handbooks put out by the RSGB and the ARRL.

Flatulent, Imean with regards to the design as shown with the arrow product, any details as to how to implement the feed as it seems that the radiator is isulated from the base so could I use the so-239 but how to connect the radiator to it ? ( the quarter radiator as shown )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back