Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design and verification, which position gets paid better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rprince006

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been both an ASIC designer and a verification engineer. I heared more
than one times, that smart guys are selected as designers, while newbies and
guys who are not so smart, are chosen as verification engineers. Is that true?
What do you guys think about it, and which position is paid better in the job market now?

As far as I am concerned, I agree that a newbie is easier to pick up a verification task, like wrting some tests. However, writing a quality testbench needs much more working experience, even much more difficult than a design task.

Re: Design and verification, which position gets paid better

The industry trend is that designers are often paid higher than verification engineers. However, it also depends on the particular skills of the candidate. If you have a rich and long experience with a proven record in verification, then you can get paid more than the average designer. You mentioned that you have done both design and verification, meaning that you can wear both hats. So I think you have nothing to concern here, you will probably get paid as a designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back