Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Deserializer Datarate calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshmanNewbie

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am having this MAX9278 deserializer IC.

The input to the pins +IN and -IN is a twisted pair input and therefore, it is a differential signal. I have configured the CX/TP pin to low since it is a twisted pair input to IN+ and IN-. I hope this is correct. (Referring table 10).

My question is,
I have interfaced the above deserializer with a 3.1 inch TFT which has a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. IN+ and IN- twisted pair input and 4 LVDS Channel output and a LVDS Clock output to the TFT.
My frames per second requirement is 60 and blanking is 20%.
In that case, according to this formula from Maxim, my PCLK,

enter image description here

My Calculation:

Question 1: Whether the calculation of my PCLK is correct? If it is correct, will all the LVDS Data output channels also be going to the TFT at 27.6MHz?

Question 2: From where does the 27.6MHz is generated. There is no crystal which is connected to the deserializer. However, there are 2 blocks as marked below.

So, does the blocks generate the clock or does it take the input IN+ and IN- and perform clock data recovery (there is no mention of clock data recovery in the datasheet) from the IN- and IN+ data and provide the same to the LVDS outputs? Which means that I need to send my signals IN+ and IN- at 27.6MHz? Am I correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.