Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Derate Calculation for Advanced On Chip Variation

Status
Not open for further replies.

subhash_chevella

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Hi all,

As we know, AOCV calculates the derate values of each cell in the design based on the following two factors.
1. Depth/stage based (to consider Random Variations).
2. Distance/location based (to consider Systematic Variations).

As depth increase for the cell, the derate value will be decrease ie, variation will be less.
Can any one help me in understanding this?
Why variation of the cell delay will be less as depth increases?

thanks for your help.

regards,
Subhash C

Hi,

any updates on this post?
try to help me in understanding this.

regards,
Subhash C

Hi Subhash ,

First let me tell you the difference b/w ocv and Aocv. Hope this clears your doubt.

Ocv adds derates to all the logic b/w two regs or on clock path , but that much pessimism is not necessary to all paths bcz all paths dont have equal logic b/w registers. So we are adding extra pessimism .

Aocv is actually Reducing the pessimism . Path based is while calculating timing the tool checks for the logic depth and then adds the derate . so as the depth increases , the derate factor reduces and so we are not inducing over pessimism in the design .

Regards,

Cherry :)

Hi Charan,

thanks for the reply.

Ya. I understood this point.
but, I want to understand the below statement/point,
"in AOCV, as the depth increases, the derate factor reduces".
How? & Why?

regards,
Subhash C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back