Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dell inspiron d6000-no power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalimuthu

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
why DELL INSPIRON D6000 MODEL LAPTOP POWER ON THEN OFF WITH IN SECOND?,
SOME OTHER DELL MODEL ALSO SAME ISSUE.........
THANK YOU

Did you test using a new set of batteries?

yes i change new battery ,but the same problem .......:razz::-|

Have you verified the power supply is working correctly?

ya, i replace another working power adapter.new battery,with battery without battery,with battery&adapter,using battery no adapter,only adapter without battery...........all same problem......... thank you.

It's possible the power-on self-test (POST) detects something wrong immediately.

Sounds like it doesn't even get as far as to test the RAM.

It could be excessive current draw by some component. The supply voltage drops below spec. So it shuts down without telling you why. Did a wire cross a supply terminal? Try monitoring supply voltage and amps on startup.

Or it detects something is so severely out of spec that it will damage other parts. So it shuts down without telling you why.

Example, the screen. Try turning it on in the dark. Does anything show up briefly?

Try dropping back to the minimum amount of equipment that a laptop needs to start up.

Disconnect all peripherals. Remove non-essential accessories. Remove the hard drive. Remove modem card, Wifi card.

Keep the video card. Keep the minimum RAM that will work.

See if that changes anything.

If it asks for a system disk, you're making headway. Then turn it off. Re-install the hard drive. Start up again.

Or connect a floppy drive with startup disk.

Or a CD drive containing a diagnostic CD. There are free downloads which will let you burn a diagnostic startup CD. Example, Ultimate Boot CD.

If you wish to risk it, try out the removed components in another computer. See if the hard drive will start up another laptop. Etc.

if you still have problems with that laptop check the power on button, i had a few laptops in service with similar problems because the power button made contacts on its own, and there are boards that shut off instantly. the best way to test the board is to dismantle , and power on with current monitoring .

remembered something else.... :D remove the screen cover and disconnect the inverter from the base of the screen. and power on again. if it-s shorted and the fuse didn't blow it will put the mobo on protection.

Hi,
i change switch also, but same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back