Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Deep Sub Micron Physical Design Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohdfayez

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Can any one discuss the various issues with deep submicron Physical design and the ways to tackle them... Please reply

Hi,

This is almost liking asking one to write book. Deepsubmicron Physical design is full of issues, SI, EMI, cross-talk, parasitics, leakage all correlated. WHy don't you write specifically what are the issues you are facing

cheers
Parikshit

Hi,
miniaturation induced physical effects wich depend on the location of the soc. Actually researches in the work studies constraints like crosstalk, electromigration, heat, noise, coupling, skews and delays, High power consumption, radiation.

Added after 23 minutes:

Hi parikshitkr,
Have you an idea about radiation, alpha particals. What does these mean ?

@parikshitkr

Hi thanks for replying.. well I am preparing myself for situation pertaining to job interview. I am working as P&R Engg, and as such I have never practically come across any such issues. But if asked by any prominent person then how do I reply them back? Hope you understand my concern? If I am asked during your course of work have you come across any deep submicron issues.. I know all those like SI, crosstalk, parasitics, Coupling capacitance, leakage,etc. but if I am asked how did you encounter them and what did you do to take care of these issues I might not be able to give a justifiable reply. Hence need help in this area:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back