Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Deducing Feed line length and port impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoweis

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to replicate a microstrip antenna in one of the papers using HFSS. All dimensions are shown except the length of the main feed line. The paper shows the resulting Z and S11 curves but it does not say the length of the feedline. I'm assuming the port will have a 50 ohm impedance. However I don't know what the exact length of the feedline is. I'm getting close Z and S11 curves but changing the feed line length changes both curves (the location of the resonances and the values of Z and S11 depend on the feed line length). Any idea how to deduce this length?

Hi
What type of port you/paper have used? You may use "deembed" option in post processing setting of the port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back