Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dead fujitsu Amilo 1705 - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alanmg

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dead fujitsu Amilo 1705

My cousin sent me an email re her laptop as below
Hi Alan,
Have a problem with my laptop...
It has been exceptionally slow for the past month or so and the screen kept flickering all sorts. When using it I always plugged it into the mains and never used it battery operated. Recently the low battery light started appearing and it then would switch off after 3-5 minutes or so. Now it won't switch on at all.

I got it from her and tried another power supply unit, ther are no led 's coming on and no sound of fans hardrives etc.It is completely dead.
Had a quick stripdown, power socket is firmly soldered and does not move about, no signs of shorting on the motherboard, removed hard drive wifi card etc and still dead.Tried the holding the power button down for a minute or so, still dead.
Wondered if it could be the motherbard power fuse .
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.