Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc dc converter step down

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsen55591

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all.
I have dc dc converter step down without inductor, in switch capacitors. Input voltage 2.7-5.5, output voltage must be 1.8-1.9. When output reach 1.8 voltage PFM mode pauses the oscillator.But after that output continue increase because current of output capacitor goes through output load (resistor). Whow can i regulate the output voltage ?

without a circuit , I am guessing, how about putting a large capacitor across the load, so the voltage across the load changes more slowly and increasing the load or decreasing the input cap so as to equalise the input/output power ( V X I ).
Frank

Output cap is 4.7uF, R=1k , when output reaches 1.8 voltage it must not change, bu continue increase.
I connect output with negative input of comparator, is it right ?
When i connect output wiht positive input, i dont get pulse in comparator's output. Vref=1.8v

Status
Not open for further replies.