Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC Bidirectional Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimo6291

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am Designing a DC-DC bidirectional converter. For this, First to convert DC-AC i am using a resonant converter. and then I want to step up the voltage by using a transformer. And then I want to convert AC to DC again. How can I synchronize the switches of two converters. My first question is, Can I use resonant converter? I am designing this DC-DC bidirectional converter for hybrid electrical vehicles, to charge the battery. and give the power when required. So Can anyone please suggest me the best topology to use for the converter.

Best topology is LLC or a slight variant - can be bi-directional - I have seen it done for 24V in, 350VDC out, 12kW, worked very well with very low EMI and switching losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.