Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Datapath Logic Cell Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tartakovsky

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to learn about datapath logic cells and design them using Verilog HDL and compare their performance. Does anyone know about any resources where i can research?

design it or just simulated? if design, better use custom circuit design instead of
using Verilog. And you have to do layout yourself, and evaluating the performance
is critical.

depending on the type of your application ,you may do a full custom design of the datapath.this will actually depend on the system requirements(area,speed etc).

regards
amarnath

Gotta simulate and compare performance as well. Right now i just need to get started somewhere. Learn in-depth about various kinds of cells, how they 'theoratically' compare with each other etc.

if you want compare the performance by simulation, you'd better use stucture model rather than rtl behavior model. gate level model is better choice for performance comparision.

i convenient way is to elabrate the cell (adder, multiplier) in your synthesis tool libaray.
you can get a detail charactistic of each structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back