Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

D Latch 74LS374 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a temporary solution you can disable outputs and pull the levels down with external pull-down resistors ..
Otherwise there is no way of resetting the D-latches ..

IanP
:wink:

Sorry IanP can you describe with more details? perhaps with a simple schematic diagram?

My condition is like this. I connect a decade counter 74ls90 with the latch 74ls374 and a bcd to 7 segment decoder 74ls47 and finally the 7 segment display. When i power up the circuit, the circuits start to count and 7 segment display shows the count. When i turn off the circuit, the circuits stop. And now when i turn on the circuit again, the 7 segment display count from a weird value and it does not count from 0.
How am i going to make it start from counting 0 every time i power up the circuit? Is it because of the latch memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back