Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cycoloneII = SPARTAN3 ? simple q plz check it

Status
Not open for further replies.

manish12

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have cycoloneII dev kit and also some experience about it .

but now , no cycoloneII (ALTERA), i have to work on SPARTAN3 .

i just want to know that my all previous prog will run on this new (SPARTAN3) kit or there is need of some modification.

( excluding the pin assignment )

thank you.

Assumed the code has been written in any HDL language, you will - at least - need to recompile for the new architecture. You can do this using ISE. If you have used specific IP, than you are in trouble. You will need to find a matching function for the Spartan3 kit.
And of course, the constraints file (that has the pin info) will need to match the new archtecture too.
Last but not least: Altera's Cyclone2 doesn't provide distributed memory in their architecture and Spartan3 has SRL16.

In summary: study the archtecture of the Spartan3 and you will notice that some parts of you code can be ported, other parts can't. There starts the intelligent work.

Regards,
L

i think the first important part before you change device,read architecture between two devices carefully.
regard

thank you , i am not useing any ip here.

just , experiment about temp . reading and controlling using vhdl.

What do you mean no Cyclone II? That part is still available from Altera.

If you cant use the Cyclone II for some reason why not use the Cyclone III? Porting to that will be much easier than migrating to the Xilinx device.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back