Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current sensing circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pona

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I want to design a circuit which can detect current pulses and give static voltage in accordance with
current passed. For example if a current pulse of 10ms duration passes through my circuit than I want my circuit to give voltage and hold it there. I have tried using sense circuits for dc power supply in which a
sense resistor senses current and an opamp is used to amplify voltage drop across it to a certain value and using capacitor i can hold this value. But i was wondering if there is a special circuit for sensing pulses of current. And is there a method of sensing current which uses a sense resistor but doesnt use an opamp? Any help would be great.

If you want to keep sense resistor voltage drop and power dissipation low, you can't avoid some kind of amplifier.

an alternative solution is to use transistor current mirror

**broken link removed**

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.