Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current regulation and current dividing

Status
Not open for further replies.

diegomaradona

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am not good in electronics so I need your help. I need to pair up two dc sources in one trough two current regulation diodes and each diode must be on different source. I am making colloidal silver and I have two 1n5283 current regulation diodes for current regulation which need to be paired because I need much voltage I can get for this.Higher voltage means faster process of making solution and this type of diodes can handle up to 100 volts so with two of them in pair I will get max. 200 Volts.If I can pair them up like I will show on attached image besides of double voltage on electrodes I will get double current also and I need to have smaller current I can get because smaller current means smaller particles of silver(desirable). So is there a way to divide current after diodes with some parallel circuit and variable resistance in other branch so the current on anode be under 0.2mA constantly?I am making this solution in distilled water so in the beginning of the process resistance of the solution is high and with time resistance drops as water started to mixed with silver particles.

89_1275553506.jpg

so I need to know can I pair up two dc sources like on above image and if I can what to put in a parallel branch after diodes to get smaller current because I will have 2*0.24mA which diodes let trough and I need smaller current than that.

You apparently intend to increase the current source voltage, but are showing a parallel circuit. It doesn't increase the voltage. I also don't see an indidcation, that the said current regulator diodes can be safely connected in series to increase the total voltage.

FvM said:
You apparently intend to increase the current source voltage, but are showing a parallel circuit. It doesn't increase the voltage. I also don't see an indidcation, that the said current regulator diodes can be safely connected in series to increase the total voltage.

So there is no way to connect this two diodes on separate sources to get double voltage on electrodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.