Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST question concerning artificial magnetic conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirshahram

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CST question

Dear Frinds!
I use CST. Recently I start to simulate some examples of a book but my results are not the same. My field is artificial magnetic conductor. For example in time domain solver my reflection phase is zero at 6.4GHz by resylt of book is 5.8GHz. The method which is used by that book is FDTD.

Do you know why the results is defferent?

Thanks!

CST question

Hi iyami

Thanks you for your reply

This book (Metamaterials:physics and and engineering exploration by N.Engheta 2006) contains the rahmat-samii paper. I attached my simulation. All of the dimensions are according to rahmat-samii data and I used waveguide method.

Re: CST question

Sorry I cannot be of much help.

I looked at the book but they do not give much details about the FDTD simulation.
So I cannot say how exact it was. Your best bet may be to look at the paper the
book refers to and check for additional details.

I agree that the discrepancy is a bit too big to be covered by the usual inaccuracies.
(Numerical dispersion can explain some error in the phase but usually not that much.)

Status
Not open for further replies.