Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST MWS - PBA mesher cannot handle sheet bodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pba mesher cannot handle bodies

I am designing a probe-fed hollow dielectric resonator antenna with a metallized cavity (using zero thickness for the PEC) in CST 2006. The transient solver warns that the "PBA mesher cannot handle sheet bodies. They will be ignored in the simulation. Try to enable PBA acceleration".

However, the S11 appears to be just slightly off resonance (from 2.446 GHz to 2.434 GHz) compared to the non-metallized cavity. Can I assume that the metallization had no effect?

When I assign 35 micrometers for the metal thickness, the antenna becomes completely mismatched.

cst pba

Zak said:
I am designing a probe-fed hollow dielectric resonator antenna with a metallized cavity (using zero thickness for the PEC) in CST 2006. The transient solver warns that the "PBA mesher cannot handle sheet bodies. They will be ignored in the simulation. Try to enable PBA acceleration".

However, the S11 appears to be just slightly off resonance (from 2.446 GHz to 2.434 GHz) compared to the non-metallized cavity. Can I assume that the metallization had no effect?

When I assign 35 micrometers for the metal thickness, the antenna becomes completely mismatched.
Is it a new feature that PEC could be treated as 0 thickness, for i'm still using version 5.0.
BTW, i suppose your very little offset of the resonant frequency could safely be adopted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back