Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST MWS: (Characteristics Impedance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2shvoda

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have designed a Microstrip with a Waveguide port in CST MWS and I could view the input Impedance of it.

But the thing is how I can view the Characteristic Impedance of it and compare the simulated result of Characteristic Impedance with my hand calculation.

what characteristic impedance you want to measure? your antenna or just microstip line?

Hi, for just Microstrip line.

if microstip line, you will have two ports (port 1 and 2). i never really done two port CST simulation for quite a while.

Hello Mr. Pragash,

I have defined just a single port s11 inoder to view the reflection of it. I have read that the Characteristics Impedance should match with the input impedance value. But here in CST MWS my simulated values and hand calculation is differing. The two values are not the same.

Apart from that I even design the Coaxial cable and here also the simulated results and hand calculations are not the same.

Due you any idea regarding this issue in CST Studio. Lastly, thanks for our immediate response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back